Author(s): Anthony Clayton
Wars of the Ages
The British Officer is an original, compelling and personal account of the role of regular officers of the British Army, from the Restoration to the present day.
- Ideal for both the military historian and the military enthusiast
- No other book in the market looks at the history and role of the 'ordinary' officer
- Draws on entirely new and unseen sources, providing an original perspective
- Includes illustrations of British officers from the 17th century to the present
- Topical as it also discusses the present situation in Iraq
- Author has a very strong reputation in the military field-he has received a French decoration.